- Are you passionate about native plants?
- Do you want to help improve our urban environments?
- Would you like to learn and share with knowledgeable enthusiasts?
Then Men of the Trees may be for you.
We are an active and friendly not-for-profit run entirely by volunteers.
We hold monthly meetings where we plan activities and organise the club.
We also run the Million Trees Project to help school children grow and plant native trees and shrubs. Volunteers are always needed.
Our activities vary throughout the year…
- Spring sees us taking cuttings and sowing seeds;
- In Summer we’re keeping our plants thinned, fed and watered as they sprout and grow;
- And Autumn and Winter see us selling the seedlings (both at markets and to fill customers’ orders) and out and about planting in various places.
Our plant growing activities operate from The Shed at the Port Bouvard Recreation and Social Club in Dawesville. Here we do seeding and cuttings. These then go back to members homes to be grown on. To attend one of these events please contact Chris our Secretary to join our mailing list (details below).
Our monthly meetings are held at the Frasers Landing Community Centre (cnr of Landing’s Blvd and Brushwood Drive) on the first Thursday of every month at 7 pm. You’re welcome to just come along, or please contact Chris the Secretary in advance if you like.
New members are always welcome.
Please contact Chris Lampard (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0434 796 481) for more information or use this form (please include either your email, phone or both):